Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Corner Bookmark!

Good afternoon, hope all is well with you!  I was requested to make a corner bookmark by my daughter.  Now this might seem very normal to you, BUT, Sabrina does not read!  She hates it in fact.  It is a complete ordeal to get her to read when she’s in school.  So, when she asked me I almost fainted.  She has decided to read the Harry Potter books, and boy did she jump right in.  She started yesterday morning, and is almost finished with the 1st one!  So, here is the bookmark she asked for.

Crafts-and-me-bookmark

She chose this image from Crafts and Me.  She is called Forever Rose.  She also requested the hair be like that.  She also chose the papers.  The challenge on the Crafts and Me challenge blog is to add a flower.  I’m also entering this into the following challenges:

Your Next Stamp Challenge-3 embellishments, 2 papers, 1 image

Clear It Out-anything goes (I used old paper)

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful book mark, it is always so exciting when they decide that they WANT to read! Yeah!! Thanks for joining our 3-2-1- Challenge at Your Next Stamp!

Unknown said...

so amazing, thank you for joining us at Clear It Out

Kate said...

That is so beautiful Sara. Love it.

Hugs
Kate

Dana said...

Woo hoo on your daughter reading!! They say if you read to your kids and they see you reading they will read. Well, someone lied because I did all of those things and none of my kids read! I love that she helped you design this bookmark too! What a great memory and an adorable project!
hugs~
Dana

Scrapping Julie said...

super bookmark!!! yea for books.. i bet she will be hooked on reading now!

crafty amy said...

What a great project I bet your daughter loves it and it inspires her to read :D
Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Beth aka BR-T said...

I love your bookmark, I bet if you keep making them she'll keep reading!

Beth aka BR-T said...

PS Thanks for playing along with Your Next stamps 3-2-1- Challenge!