Thursday, July 1, 2010

YAY!!! IT’S FINALLY HERE-SSD RELEASE DAY!

Happy July 1st!  I’m so excited, because it’s finally release day for all these wonderful images that Lindsay has done for us this time around.  We have a few fun things planned for you.  First up because we have a couple of wedding images in here, we thought we would do a OLD/NEW/BORROWED/BLUE challenge.  You just need to use something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue on your project. We will leave the borrowed interpretation up to you. 

SSD-nestie-box

SSD-nestie-box-side

For this, my old is my nesties, my new is my image-LITTLE HONEY’S SAILOR, my borrowed is the idea.  One  of my fellow DT members-Marilyn had done one of these and I fell in love with it.  And obviously there’s blue everywhere.  This challenge will run until 6 pm PST on the 2nd to allow time for all of the international fans.  The prize will be 3 SSD images of the winners choosing.

The next challenge is a SCAVENGER HUNT!  You will need to visit each DT members blog to find what your supposed to look for.

wedding veil  My thing for you to find is a VEIL!!!

Now, for the rules of the scavenger hunt!  NO internet pictures.  You will need to find these things around your house, your friends, family, or a picture of yourself or friend wearing these things.  This contest runs until Midnight PST on July 1st!  Once you’ve found these things you can email me with your pictures.  My email is:  luvs2stamp71@att.net

The SASSY Ladies:

Larisa ~ Amanda ~ Marilyn ~ Kathy ~ Lisa ~ and our GDT for July~ Regan ~

Ok, now since we were on a wedding kick, we are supposed to share our own wedding pictures with you.  Mine are in my storage,and I just didn’t have time to go-SORRY!!! 

Now, onto the last part! Since it is Thursday,we have our regular challenge going up today also.  Our challenge to you today is do a wedding themed card/project!  And here’s mine:

SSD-wedding

I used the sketch from Sketchandstash.  My stash is my paper-I only have a couple of pieces of this paper,and have been hoarding it!  

I know that was alot of information, and I’m not done! We will be chatting on the party blog from 5-8 pm PST.  There will be a link up on our regular blog just before the party starts.  Make sure you join us for the fun, you never know what Lindsay will have for you, not to mention, you wouldn’t want to miss all of us!!!  Have a great day, and I’ll see you this evening!

10 comments:

Regan said...

Beautiful work! I'm a paper hoarder myself! lol I can definitely understand why you are reluctant to part with that one... It's gorgeous! I'm very excited release day is here and can't wait to chat with everyone tonight on the party blog!

Kathy said...

These projects are amazing Sara. I can certainly see why you are hoarding the last of that paper, it is lovely. Your card is so soft and pretty. That nestie box rocks. I need to try one of those. Great projects.

Marilyn Webb said...

Just love your projects Sara, the paper you used on the bride is gorgeous!

helen scott said...

Loving your colour combos - think we ALL want that paper - and wonder how many people will mange to find a veil!!

Amanda said...

Sara, that card is beautiful! I love your colours! :D And the box is so cute! :D Great job!

Tazmadazz said...

Beautiful images and great box!! Your item was easier to find them some!! Having fun!!

Cindy Groh said...

WOW! Wonderful cards. Love the colors.

Sue said...

beautiful card and gorgeous papers and image......stuning
thank you for joining us at asketch and stash

sue
xx

Becky said...

Wow! Your card is so pretty!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!!
Love Becky xx

Jill said...

gorgeous cards Sarah I love the images and the roses you've used so pretty thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash hugs Jill xx