Sunday, August 31, 2008

Chelsea's Journal


My daughter asked me to make her a journal. I've been making these for a couple of years, but never made her one. So she was feeling left out, and decided I needed to make her one for school. So here it is. She asked for a night scene. I wasn't sure what I was going to do, since this is a fairly large area for a night scene. I used the moon from the "Sun and Moon" set from CTMH. I had the bright idea to hang the moon, so I cut out a frame from silver cardstock, and hung the moon from fishing line. My bright idea turned out to be kinda difficult. The line kept slipping around, I thought I was going to pull my hair out. Of course it didn't help that I was trying to finish this up the night before school. Anyway, I finally finished it, and she LOVES it. Now her friends are asking for one. But these are really fun to make and fun to give as gifts.

No comments: